The start of spring brings real estate’s HOTTEST selling season. Is your home ready for the market? Get ahead of the competition by following these tips to prepare your home to sell in Austin:
- Have your home inspected and fix the small things.
- Get rid of oversized and excess furniture.
- Clear out the clutter and, if you have a lot, consider renting a storage unit while your home is on the market.
- Depersonalize so potential buyers can picture their belongings in your home.
- Deep clean the entire house: clean out the closets, wash all the windows, wipe down the baseboards and walls, have the carpets steam-cleaned and more. Click here for a complete list. https://www.mollymaid.com/cleaning-institute/schedules-charts-checklists/deep-cleaning-checklist.aspx
- Update and freshen your decor to match the season. Bright throw pillows and flowers are great for a spring sale.
- Focus on curb appeal by adding some potted flowers to the front porch, a wreath to the front door, door mat, etc.
- Repaint your home in neutral colors: white, gray, beige or greige.
- Remove bad odors from pets, tobacco, etc.
Now that your home is ready for the market, let’s take a look at the prime time to list your home. When is that? For years, Zillow has found the best time is the first two weeks in May – the 1st through the 15th. However, it seems that most Texas buyers prefer midsummer or earlier spring. When is the best time for Austin-area residents? For those in Texas’ Capital City, Zillow found listing from May 16-31 can net you $1,400 more and move homes off the market a little over a week faster than the rest of the year. Even more, it is best to list your home on a Saturday.
If you’re considering a spring sale, we’re here to help! Contact us today to learn how we can put a SOLD sign in your front yard!